Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

xlive.dll fix for Fallout 3

Detector
    Detector

xlive.dll fix for Fallout 3 Empty xlive.dll fix for Fallout 3

Post  Detector Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Detector wrote:...
    The only bad thing was that Fallout 3 has some problems with the Games for Windows - LIVE function. And GTA IV came with the same function. So when I wanted to play Fallout 3 after installing and playing GTA IV, I had to uninstall all the Games for Windows - LIVE entries from the computer. And then install them over when wanting to play GTA IV.

But my brother found a fix for this.

Here is the guide: http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_3.html

BUT!! When putting that xlive.dll FIX in the Win32 folder, you can't play any other games with that GFWL function(I tried with GTA IV anyway. Told me to update GFWL. That would erase the fix). But I found a temporarily solution for this. Put that xlive.dll FIX in the root folder of Fallout 3 instead. For instance: C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3

That way you can play both Fallout 3 and GTA IV or any other GFWL games you would like.

Thought I'd post it here so people who don't want to register or are too lazy to log in can see the solution as well......Smile

- Det pirat

Last edited by Detector on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed text color)
    BLaCkY

xlive.dll fix for Fallout 3 Empty Re: xlive.dll fix for Fallout 3

Post  BLaCkY Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:24 am

ty. but i can install ? when i put fix in root can i install gfwl normal?
    Detector
    Detector

Post  Detector Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Yes. That's exactly what you can. Put the fix in root instead of win32 then install the latest GFWL. Correct.

However I haven't tried the GFWLive function after this fix so I don't know what happens when you press Home or whatever to open Live.

- Det

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:27 am